Sunday 23 October 2011

Favourite Quotation

"It's come to this, I think. Henry takes my hands and looks at me gravely. I've waited for this so long and here it is and I'm frightened."(The Time Traveler's Wife, 226)

This is my favourite quotation because it really gives you a sense of how Clare really feels about Henry and its an actual thought she has in a situation. It is a great example of how she has been anticipating so many events for her whole life because she grew up knowing Henry was out there waiting to marry her. It is a classic example for a love story. Clare, her whole childhood and growing up to the present, has known she was going to marry Henry and now having it actually happen she has all these emotions of excitement. I'm sure many people can relate to this feeling, when knowing an event will occur and the excitement it brings and finally having it happen and feeling almost a sense of fear because of the overwhelming joy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment